Can't make secondary axis in bar chart

  1. #1

    Can't make secondary axis in bar chart

    Hi -
    I've read several postings regarding adding a secondary axis to a bar chart, but I am having a problem. When I select the data series I want to plot on a secondary axis, the "Axis" tab does not come up, just Patterns, Shape, Data Labels, Series Order and Options. I can get it to work on a line graph, but I need this to be a bar chart. Help?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: Can't make secondary axis in bar chart

    what version of Excel are you working with.
    I have 2002 and do not have a shape tab on my data series options.
    when you click on the shape tab what do you see

  3. #3
    Andy Pope
    Guest

    Re: Can't make secondary axis in bar chart

    Hi,

    You will have to use a 2d chart. Sounds like you currently have one of
    the 3d style, which is why you have the shape tab instead of the axis.

    Cheers
    Andy

    --

    Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel