How to calculate loan instalment daily rest

  1. #1

    How to calculate loan instalment daily rest

    Loan amount = $100,000
    Annual interest = 6%
    Tenure = 30yrs

    Monthly rest instalment
    =PMT(6%/12,30*12,100000)
    =$599.55

    What is the formula for Daily rest instalment
    From financial calculator the answer is $600.48

    Please help

  2. #2
    Middletown, CT, USA

    Calculate loan installment daily

    Using your technique, then

    PMT(6%/365,30*365,100000) yields daily payments of $19.69
    GeorgeF

  3. #3
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: How to calculate loan instalment daily rest

    As I interpret it, you want to know the monthly payment if the interest is
    compounded daily.

    The difficulty is that to use any financial function, the periods for the
    payment and interest rate must be the same. As your payments are monthly, you
    need to convert your interest rate into a monthly equivalent.

    For use in your formula, you need to convert the your nominal annual rate to an
    effective monthly rate, then to a nominal monthly rate. The formula:

    =PMT(NOMINAL(EFFECT(6%,365),12)/12,30*12,100000)

    gives a result of $600.48.

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Thanks very much

    I have been searching this in the net for weeks without success. Thanks again.