DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT

  1. #1
    DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT
    Guest

    DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT

    I have government reports that need to show a zero with a line through it so
    they are VERY distinguishable from the letter "O". I cannot find a format
    that displays this. I need this ASAP! Can anyone help me please?!

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT
    I have government reports that need to show a zero with a line through it so
    they are VERY distinguishable from the letter "O". I cannot find a format
    that displays this. I need this ASAP! Can anyone help me please?!
    Display Zero with Line Through It

    Use Character Map

    Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map > Select Symbol form the drop down list, coulumn 6 row 9 should help

    Paul
    Paul

  3. #3
    Air Lancer
    Guest

    RE: DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT

    Try changing the font of the cell concerned:

    Try font like "terminal", "WST_Engl", "Fixedsys"

    these fonts will display zero with a diagonal line from the top right to the
    bottom left of the number.

  4. #4
    Warman
    Guest

    RE: DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT

    Format>Cells>Font and then in the "Effects" block, click on "Strikethrough"

    Warman

  5. #5
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT

    Display,

    Try the "Terminal" font. If you don't have that, look for another that has
    the zero you need. There are CD's you can get with loads of fonts that
    don't cost much.
    --
    Earl Kiosterud

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT

    If you wish, I can email you a True Type Arial font with a slashed zero.

    96kb size.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

    On Fri, 7 Oct 2005 07:30:05 -0700, DISPLAY ZERO WITH LINE THROUGH IT <DISPLAY