Conditional Formatting

  1. #1
    dbrumit
    Guest

    Conditional Formatting

    I would like the lowest value of columns d ,e, & f to be bold. Some of the
    cells have text.

    Thank you,

    Dan

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Try this:
    select your data then use this formula in conditional formatting,
    =D1=MIN(D:F)
    and choose BOLD as your format. D1 being the first cell in your data.

    Hope this helps!
    JG

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Formatting

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 13:46:04 -0700, "dbrumit"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I would like the lowest value of columns d ,e, & f to be bold. Some of the
    >cells have text.
    >
    >Thank you,
    >
    >Dan

    Highlight columns D:F

    Format/Conditional Formatting

    Cell Value Is Equal To =MIN($D:$F)

    Format/Font/Bold
    OK
    OK

    If there is an error in the range, then nothing will be formatted bold.

    If that is a problem, you could set up two conditions: have the first format
    RED, for example, if there is an error, and the Second Bold for the MIN number.

    For condition 1, after highlighting columns D:F, use the Formula Is: Parameter

    Formula Is: =TRUE=ISERROR(D1)
    Format/Font Bold Color Red
    OK
    OK

    and use the above for Condition 2

    --ron

  4. #4
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Formatting

    Hi,

    Starting with the topmost cell in column D (say D2) select the entire range
    (say D2:F102), and use the following formula in "Conditional Formatting":

    "Formula Is" =D2=MIN(D$2:D$102)

    and format appropriately.

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran