Excel cannot access..

  1. #1

    Excel cannot access..

    Hi
    Very important accounting(which is 26 KB only) excel file is not allowing me to open the file. I may encrypted this worksheet and immediately turned into green colour, 6 months later i reinstalled windows XP pro but this time iwhen i try to open

    First dialog box show that : Excel cannot access "file name". The document
    may be read-only or encrypted.
    Then second dialog box show up : Cannot access "file name".....
    i tried openoffice.org but didnt solve the problem.I never used any password for this file.
    I think this excel file ,when i choose the option to encrypt ,it got a certificate
    from windows xp and when i reinstall it ,it can not reach the same certificate.
    ANy idea how to open this important file ?
    you can write to me at [email protected]

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Mike
    Guest

    RE: Excel cannot access..

    You lost what is needed to decrypt it so just delete the very important file.
    Next time use passwords instead of encryption.