Fill Colour

  1. #1
    Blackcat
    Guest

    Fill Colour

    Hi,

    I have a spreadsheet that is defaulting fill colors in cells.

    For example when I move, say column C to A, column C then has a group of
    cells with colours. It also keeps adding colours at the far left of the
    workbook which means when I come to insert a column it won't allow me as it
    can't remove a cell with colors.

    I inherited the original sheet and have no idea how this happens or how to
    get rid of the problem.

    I hope this makes sense and that someone can help!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Highlight every cell (ctrl A) and change the font color. If this doesn't work, the sheet might have some conditional formatting, (where the font color might change depending on certain conditions) if this isn't the case, macros also have the ability to change font color (if triggered)

    Go to Format, then Conditional Formatting and remove the format if it makes the cell font color different.
    Unless the macros are vital for the spreadsheet to work, disable them when opening the workbook. If the macros are important, keep them on, they most likely change the cell color for a good reason.

    I hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Blackcat
    Guest

    Re: Fill Colour

    Faz,

    It's not the font colour. The cells are filled in with colour (pattern).

    There's no conditional formatting that I can find. I've checked style etc
    etc but come up against a brick wall!!

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Fill Colour

    Try Ctrl+G (edit, GoTo), special (button), objects
    ---
    HTH,