remove " $ " from formula

  1. #1
    bill gras
    Guest

    remove " $ " from formula

    how do I remove $ caracter from a formula in some cells eg

    1 0
    2 $20000 ($134)
    3 $1750
    4 1320
    5 $2450 ($470)
    6 0
    7 0
    8 2800
    9 $2200 ($22)
    10 $166
    11 $2300 ($23)
    12 $155 ($67)
    13 $ 4578 ($345)
    14 0
    and so on
    thank you all

    bill
    --
    bill gras

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    The easy way would be to highlight the column, select Edit, Replace and enter the $ character in the 'Find What' and click 'Replace All'

    and also check that the column is not formatted for 'Currency'

    Quote Originally Posted by bill gras
    how do I remove $ caracter from a formula in some cells eg

    1 0
    2 $20000 ($134)
    3 $1750
    4 1320
    5 $2450 ($470)
    6 0
    7 0
    8 2800
    9 $2200 ($22)
    10 $166
    11 $2300 ($23)
    12 $155 ($67)
    13 $ 4578 ($345)
    14 0
    and so on
    thank you all

    bill
    --
    bill gras
    Last edited by Bryan Hessey; 10-14-2005 at 06:37 AM.

  3. #3
    bill gras
    Guest

    Re: remove " $ " from formula

    Hi Bryan
    Thank you for your input
    Is there a way of using a worksheet function , I have to do
    this about 10 times per day
    regards bill
    --
    bill gras

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: remove " $ " from formula

    Hi Bill

    You could turn on the macro recorder as you do it.
    Tools>Macro>Record new Macro and it the shortcut key box enter the
    combination of keys you would like to invoke the macro with.
    Carry out the steps Bryan advised and at the end press the Stop button.
    Now a Simple key combination will do the task for you.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  5. #5
    bill gras