Wrapping text in a cell

  1. #1
    Andrew Chalk
    Guest

    Wrapping text in a cell

    In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz:

    Case One

    Case Two

    How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Alt + Enter

  3. #3

    Re: Wrapping text in a cell

    If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each
    string to indicate where you want a line break to occur.

    Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two

  4. #4

    Re: Wrapping text in a cell

    If you are setting the contents of the cell via a formula or VBA code
    make sure that you have changed the formatting for the cell also. Check
    that the <right mouse click> Format Cells / Alignment Tab / Wrap Text
    check box is selected.

    For example, I created a formula for a cell:

    ="1st line"&CHAR(10)&"2nd line"

    This appeared as "1st line2nd line" on a single line in the cell
    initially. Once I changed the cell formatting (as above), the cell
    appeared as two lines with the 'split' as required.

  5. #5
    Andrew Chalk
    Guest

    Re: Wrapping text in a cell