Eliminating every 25th row

  1. #1
    Seattle, Washington

    Eliminating every 25th row

    I have a work sheet that contains a daily summary of hourly data in every 25th row. I wish to perform calculations on the 24 rows of hourly data in between the daily data in every 25th row.

    How do I eliminate every 25th row. Or can I somehow check the value of the "hour" cell which equals 25 for the daily data and use that value to cause the row to be hidden?
    Best regards,
    Lram

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: Eliminating every 25th row

    Why not work on element 24+25* i ?

    news:[email protected]...

    http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...nfo&userid=238

  3. #3
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: Eliminating every 25th row

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 11:04:11 -0500, Lram
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I have a work sheet that contains a daily summary of hourly data in
    >every 25th row. I wish to perform calculations on the 24 rows of
    >hourly data in between the daily data in every 25th row.
    >
    >How do I eliminate every 25th row. Or can I somehow check the value of
    >the "hour" cell which equals 25 for the daily data and use that value to
    >cause the row to be hidden?

    If all the 25th rows have some characteristic that is unique to
    summary rows, then you could filter the data to show only the summary
    rows, then delete all those rows.

    If there's no unique character then you could put

    =IF(MOD(ROW()-n,25)=0,"Summary","Data")
    where n = your first data row,

    against the first data row and copy down, now filter on the word
    "Summary" and delete the visible rows.

    HTH

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK
    __________________________

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Eliminating every 25th row

    If you just want to sum them, use a formula like

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A25,25)<>1),A1:A25)

    adjust the range to suit, and understand that the <>1 refers to the first
    row. If you want to ignore some other in the series, adjust that as well.

    RP

  5. #5
    Daniel.M
    Guest

    Re: Eliminating every 25th row

    Bob,

    > =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(A1:A25,25)<>1),A1:A25)

    Didn't you left some ROW()s out there! ;-)

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(ROW(A1:A25),25)<>1),A1:A25)

    Regards,

    Daniel M.

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips