payroll system

  1. #1

    payroll system

    I made a roster and I would like that every week I use a macro to renew the main format (up till here I can do) of the roster and it will automatically transfer all totals (ie: leave taken, extra/over time, etc) onto a different worksheet/file.

    So, every week it will send (via the macro) previous data and save it onto a different location so that at the end of the month/year/period I can view totals to see how much leave, extra/over time people have taken so I can calculate the payroll.

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: payroll system

    You have the idea, then we can do it please.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Richard Buttrey
    Guest

    Re: payroll system

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 14:00:41 -0500, pisanichris
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I made a roster and I would like that every week I use a macro to renew
    >the main format (up till here I can do) of the roster and it will
    >automatically transfer all totals (ie: leave taken, extra/over time,
    >etc) onto a different worksheet/file.
    >
    >So, every week it will send (via the macro) previous data and save it
    >onto a different location so that at the end of the month/year/period I
    >can view totals to see how much leave, extra/over time people have taken
    >so I can calculate the payroll.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    I'd just question whether this is the most practical way to achieve
    your objective.

    It seems to me that you'd probably be better maintaining a single
    database of date, names, leave, overtime etc.. then use another sheet
    to hold criteria variables such as the dates of month, year, period
    ends end, year end etc, and an output range of field headings from the
    database sheet which you populate with an Advanced Filter.

    Most of my applications use this approach rather than trying to update
    other workbooks or files. All you probably need the macro/VBA to do is
    offer drop down lists of dates with which to populate the criteria
    variables, and a 'GO' button to run the Advanced Filter.

    HTH

    __
    Richard Buttrey
    Grappenhall, Cheshire, UK