Copying color format of cell contents

  1. #1
    Keith Brown
    Guest

    Copying color format of cell contents

    I have labels entered in a cell(eg A1) on Sheet1 of my workboook.(represents
    electrical switch sets)
    Portions of the text strings of these labels are formatted red.(The switches
    that are open)

    I created a summary page on Sheet2 to display certain info from Sheet1 by
    using the formula (=Sheet1!A1) and I want the formula result on Sheet2 to
    display the label with the colors. The switches that are to be "red" change
    periodically and I'd like to avoid the need to change the data it in both
    sheets.

    I can only found tools/methods that work on the entire cell.
    Is there a way to get the format of the cell contents to display correctly
    in the 2nd sheet such that it will update if changed on Sheet1?
    Or perhaps another approach to the problem?

  2. #2
    Waiau Pa NZ
    you could take a copy of sheet1 and delete any duplicates.

    to copy
    right click onto the sheet tab
    select move or copy
    tick the square to take a copy
    Greetings from New Zealand
    Bill Kuunders

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Copying color format of cell contents

    The ability to format part of a cell's contents is available only to text
    strings, not numbers and not formulas even if the formulas return a text
    result. If you want to use partial formatting I imagine you're going to
    have to copy the text to the summary page. Perhaps a macro can facilitate
    that...

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...