Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list

  1. #1

    Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list

    I have a list the is in one sheet - this list contains names and departments and then the data that I seek.

    Currently there are seperate lists on different "department" sheets that break down the people that are on the complete list so that department managers can click on their sheet and just view their data. This is all done manually.

    The problem: With turnaround (hiring, firing, dpeartment moves, etc) these sheets are becoming a nightmare to maintain.

    The question: Is there a formula that I can use that will use the main listing as a starting point that will filter the other sheets based on the department listed in column B so that column A and Column C (the data) will appear in the various department sheets?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Creating seperate sheet lists from larger list

    Hi macquarl

    You can try this
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm

    --