If statements...

  1. #1
    Neil
    Guest

    If statements...

    I have an list of employees with various dates of joining, payrises are
    applicable too the month of joining.

    Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug
    Sep Oct Nov Dec
    Name 10/25/04 50,000 2.75%
    x x x

    Looking at an if statement that looks at the month then multiplies salary by
    increase and divide by 12 for the impact.

    Can anyone help.

    Kind Regards,

    Neil

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    MS-Off Ver
    I'm guessing you have a table that will reference each month's pay increase. You can use the =month(A1) where A1 is a date. That will give you numbers 1 through 12 based on the date. You can build this into the if statements that reference your rate table (or however you have it designed).
    Hope it helps.
    Phillycheese

  3. #3
    Neil
    Guest

    Re: If statements...

    Yes looked at that one, so if x = month then salary x percentage increase /
    12, that worked on but the increase continues the same for say oct / nov /
    dec. So I would need to repeat formula after oct, again suggestions.

    Neil