Screen Updating

  1. #1
    Ben
    Guest

    Screen Updating

    Hello,
    If I want to stop the macro from flashing between sheets I use
    Application.ScreenUpdating False and it works perfectly. However it is not
    effective when I call the procedure that contains it from another procedure.
    Is there a way round this. Thank you.

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Screen Updating

    You should not be toggling screen updating in every procedure. Every time you
    see

    Application.Screenupdating = True

    You will get a flash. Your code should look something like this

    Sub This()
    Application.Screenupdating = False
    Call That
    Application.Screenupdating = True
    End sub

    Sub That
    Application.Screenupdating = False 'Not here

    Application.Screenupdating = True 'Not here
    End sub

    If there is a Application.Screenupdating = True in "Sub That" then you will
    get a flash at that point the sub ends.

    --
    HTH...

    Jim Thomlinson