Excel 2000/Xp vs Excel 2003

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365

    Excel 2000/Xp vs Excel 2003

    Question regarding the drop down selection in Excel between these versions.

    I have a spreadsheet that was created in Excel XP. I have a drop down selection
    that users select. It works well in Excel 2000 & XP, it doesn't allow me to select
    an option when I open it in Excel 2003.

    Any suggestions??

    Thanx...JF

  2. #2

    Re: Excel 2000/Xp vs Excel 2003

    Is the dropdown from Data|Validation?

    If yes, then unprotect the sheet, unlock the cell (format|cells|protection tab),
    then reprotect the sheet.

    xl2003 got a little more stringent in how it deals with locked cells with
    data|validation on protected sheets.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    TN
    MS-Off Ver
    Microsoft 365
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Peterson

    Ltat42a wrote:

    > Question regarding the drop down selection in Excel between these
    > versions.
    >
    > I have a spreadsheet that was created in Excel XP. I have a drop down
    > selection
    > that users select. It works well in Excel 2000 & XP, it doesn't allow
    > me to select
    > an option when I open it in Excel 2003.
    >
    > Any suggestions??
    >
    > Thanx...JF
    >
    > --
    > Ltat42a
    > Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=478417

    The worksheet is not protected, and the cell is not locked.

    JF

  4. #4

    Re: Excel 2000/Xp vs Excel 2003

    Sorry, I don't have another guess.

    (In fact, I'm not sure if the behavior changed with xl2003 or xl2002.)