Changing a message box colour?

  1. #1
    Forum Expert Simon Lloyd's Avatar
    locked in the cage
    MS-Off Ver
    All the ones my homepage shows
    Posts
    3,161

    Changing a message box colour?

    Hi all,

    Is it at all possible to change the colour of a message box or font in it? if it is can you point me in the right direction?

    I know there are add ins but my company network will not allow these.

    Thanks

    Simon

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    As far as I know, you can't change the color or any of the attributes of the MsgBox. If you desire to have an ornate message box, use a customized Userform
    and decorate it with your bells and whistles.

    David

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Changing a message box colour?

    Hi Simon,

    > Is it at all possible to change the colour of a message box or font in
    > it?

    This is not natively possible in Excel.

    Consider, instead, designing a userform as your message box. This will
    afford you a wide range of formatting options.

    If you are not familiar with userforms, see Debra Dalgleish's introductory
    tutorial at;

    http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

    ---
    Regards,