Loss of excel funtionality within IE

  1. #1

    Loss of excel funtionality within IE

    Hi there,

    I am having problem whereby when I open a excel file within a web page. When opened, the menus don't in IE do not work anymore. When I click on File, Edit, Data etc they do not respond to the click. Also the line showing the cell and it s contents is not available either.

    Would anyone know why this is happening. Can you tell me what I need to look for to ensure IE and Excel are talking to each other.

    Thanks for your time.

    I look forward to your replies.

    ...Bruce

  2. #2

    Re: Loss of excel funtionality within IE

    There are lots of things that seem to not work when you open a workbook in MSIE.

    I do my best not to do this.

    How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
    Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

    But each user's pc needs to be set up this way.