i need to make a formula that adds up my hours after my 40 hours

  1. #1
    johnny rodriguez
    Guest

    i need to make a formula that adds up my hours after my 40 hours

    for example i put my hours daily but i need to have a formula that tells me
    how many hours over time do i have after my 40 so the table automatic tells
    me how much more money do i earned that week
    example that i had already done b7-40*30.00 enter it works but not until i
    make 40 hours
    please help me if you can
    thank you

  2. #2
    pinmaster
    Try:
    IF(B7>40,B7-40*30,"")

    HTH
    JG

  3. #3
    Excel

    Ever heard of a calculator?

    Ever heard of a calculator?

  4. #4
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: i need to make a formula that adds up my hours after my 40 hours

    Try changing your formula to
    =IF(B7>40,B7-40*30,"")

    The cell will be blank until you work more than 40 hours.

  5. #5
    exceluserforeman
    Guest

    Re: i need to make a formula that adds up my hours after my 40 hou

    This problem is what Excel does best! If we all just used calculators,
    Microsoft would go broke!

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    6,195