Conditional Format #REF!

  1. #1
    CinqueTerra
    Guest

    Conditional Format #REF!

    I am populating a report with GetPivotData. If the data does not exist in
    the Pivot, #REF! is returned. Is there a way to use Conditional Format to
    change the font to white when #REF! is returned by the formula?

    Thanks in Advance!

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format #REF!

    Hi!

    Assume the data is in the range A1:B10

    Select that range
    Goto Format>Conditional Formatting
    Formula is: =ISERROR(A1)
    Click the Format button
    Set the font color to be the same as the background color
    OK out

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: Conditional Format #REF!

    In Conditional Formatting, change the type to "Formula" and enter:
    =IsError(A1) Then change your font color.

    Replace A1 with whatever cell contains the data you're checking.

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format #REF!

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:05:08 -0700, "CinqueTerra"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I am populating a report with GetPivotData. If the data does not exist in
    >the Pivot, #REF! is returned. Is there a way to use Conditional Format to
    >change the font to white when #REF! is returned by the formula?
    >
    >Thanks in Advance!

    Select the range of cells that need to be formatted.

    Format/Conditional Formatting:

    Formula Is:
    =ERROR.TYPE(cell_ref)=4

    (Replace cell_ref with the selected active cell)

    Format/Font and select Color: White

    OK
    OK

    --ron

  5. #5
    CinqueTerra
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format #REF!

    Awesome! Thanks!

  6. #6
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Conditional Format #REF!

    You're welcome.

    On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:30:03 -0700, "CinqueTerra"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Awesome! Thanks!
    >
    >"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
    >
    >> On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 11:05:08 -0700, "CinqueTerra"
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am populating a report with GetPivotData. If the data does not exist in
    >> >the Pivot, #REF! is returned. Is there a way to use Conditional Format to
    >> >change the font to white when #REF! is returned by the formula?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks in Advance!

    >> Select the range of cells that need to be formatted.
    >>
    >> Format/Conditional Formatting:
    >>
    >> Formula Is:
    >> =ERROR.TYPE(cell_ref)=4
    >>
    >> (Replace cell_ref with the selected active cell)
    >>
    >> Format/Font and select Color: White
    >>
    >> OK
    >> OK
    >>

    >> --ron

    --ron

  7. #7

    Smile Hot to avoid the #REF errror...

    Hi all,
    This is the first time I use the forum. It seems to be very interesting and useful, so I'm going to ask for a little help..
    I tried to use the conditional formatting in order to eliminate #REF error (due to lack of a certain item in pivot, that I'm going to reference with GETPIVOTDATA) but I still have the #REF as the result of sum several items.
    Is there any solution to solve this issue?
    Thanks in advance and best regards,

    Pat