Addition on "text" cells

  1. #1

    Addition on "text" cells

    Hello everyone,

    I wonder if this is possible, cell A1 contains the text "P0001", cell A2 contains "P0021", A3 contains "P0041" and so on until "P0581". The values are separated by 20 units.

    If the cell is numeric, I could just make the formula on A2 as "+A1+20" and copy it down. This will give me the result from cell A2 21, 41, etc.

    Is there a way to make a formula or something so that I can have "P0001", then "P0021" and so on, on a single column.

  2. #2
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Addition on "text" cells

    Why don't you keep it numerical and us a custom format of

    P0000

    Then you can drag it down like you described.

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: Addition on "text" cells

    Simply enter
    P0001
    in A1, and
    P0021
    in A2, and select *both* cells, and drag down to copy.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    "ledzepe" <[email protected]> wrote in