Help with InputBox in a Macro

  1. #1
    Iowa

    Help with InputBox in a Macro

    I'm used the Macro recorder to create a new Macro to extract data out of my master worksheet. The macro worked until I added the "InputBox " to my macro.
    The inputbox prompt me for the dates but it doesn't return any records for the specified timeframe. Please see the code I'm using to retrieve the records.

    Starting = InputBox(Prompt:="Enter Starting Date as mm/dd/yyyy")
    Ending = InputBox(Prompt:="Enter Ending Date as mm/dd/yyyy")
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=37, Criteria1:=Starting, Operator:=xlAnd _
    , Criteria2:=Ending
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=39, Criteria1:="ZMO"
    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=35, Criteria1:="A"

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2

    Re: Help with InputBox in a Macro

    Sometimes this kind of thing works:

    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=37, _
    Criteria1:=clng(cdate(Starting)), _
    Operator:=xlAnd, clng(cdate(Criteria2:=Ending))

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Help with InputBox in a Macro

    Hi Lizzie45ie,

    I think there was a typo in Dave's response.I think he intended:

    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=37, _
    Criteria1:=CLng(CDate(Starting)), _
    Operator:=xlAnd, Criteria2:=CLng(CDate(Ending))

    However, I think that you will also need to add the > and < operators, e.g.:

    Selection.AutoFilter Field:=37, _
    Criteria1:=" >=" & CLng(CDate(Starting)), _
    Operator:=xlAnd, _
    Criteria2:="<=" & CLng(CDate(Ending))

    Incidentally, with the Starting and Ending variables dimmed as dates, I was
    able to drop the CLng and CDate conversions when woking with a US date
    setup; If I used UK type (dd/mm/yy) date setings, then I needed the CLng
    conversions. In either case it will not hurt to use the conversions.

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    "Lizz45ie" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Help with InputBox in a Macro

    Thanks for the typo correction and for the logic correction, too!