Summing with identical Vlookup values

  1. #1

    Summing with identical Vlookup values

    Hi all,

    I am having a issue with Vlookup. I have a table with a number of values which im looking up in a column but a lot of them are the same. I need a formula that can add the ones that are the same and print the value into a cell.

    Instance-

    value i want to look up : bbb

    Item Number#
    aaa 5
    aaa 3
    bbb 4
    ccc 8
    aaa 4
    ccc 7
    bbb 8

    So i want to to lookup bbb and add all instances together to give me : 12

    Any help would be appreciated, thx a lot.

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Summing with identical Vlookup values

    =SUMIF(A1:A7,"bbb",B1:B7)

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    "kanuvas" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: Summing with identical Vlookup values

    Hi,
    Use SUMIF function:

    Assume Item Number is in column A (a2:a8) and counts in B (b2:b8) then in C1
    put "=SUMIF(a2:a8,"bbb",b2:b8)" (without quotation marks).

    HTH

  4. #4
    Thx a lot guys