Footer - Center one

  1. #1
    Aurora
    Guest

    Footer - Center one

    I am using Excel 2000.
    I have several charts with footers that all contain the file location at the
    left margin and the printed date at the right margin. Now my boss wants me
    to add "confidential and proprietary information" in the center. I did this
    and said OK. At the first OK, I could see the verbage in the little box.
    But when I went to view the chart the added center footer information was not
    there. I went back to view the footer and it was not there also. I did this
    about 5 times all with the same result. I did this on a couple of different
    charts all with the same result. Does anyone have any idea as to what is
    happening? Why can't I add a center footer?

    Aurora

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Aurora,

    I've just tried to replicate your probelm with no success. My suggestion rather than wasting more time on this is to re-install Excel (now would be a good time to pester your boss for a 2003 version, it's nice and shinier than the 02 version). Once you've done that, have another go at naming the centre panes

    Regards
    Jon

  3. #3
    Aurora
    Guest

    Re: Footer - Center one

    Thanks for answering me Jon.
    I got around the problem by inserting a text box in the same area.
    The rumor is that the Company is upgrading our whole MS software next year
    some time, we we finally up grade to XP. We will see how things work then.
    Again, thank you for answering.