Too few columns!

  1. #1

    Too few columns!

    I am trying to create a calendar for all the working days in 2006. Annoyingly, when I reach the column headed IV it will not allow me to move any further across, i.e. I cannot insert any new columns. As I'm only about 6 days away from the end of the year this is highly annoying!

    Thank you,

    John.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Too few columns!

    Hi John

    256 is the max columns in Excel (until Excel 12 next year when it becomes 1024)

    You could make a calendar for workdays each month and have them as "blocks
    of data" om the page. You should be able to get 2 months side by side, with
    6 months down the page.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Too few columns!

    >>until Excel 12 next year when it becomes 1024

    Actually 16,384!

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Too few columns!

    Quite right Jim.

    I don't know why 1,024 came to mind, other than the obvious factor of 2!!
    Maybe its because I can't imagine myself ever wanting that many columns -
    but then again, when I got my first 10MByte hard disk I couldn't imagine how
    I could ever want more<vbg>.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  5. #5
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Too few columns!

    >>Maybe its because I can't imagine myself ever wanting that many columns

    It is mind-blowing but... how long after release will it be until we see our
    first "how can I increase the number of columns?" post. It will happen,
    although maybe the same re the paltry 1 meg of rows will beat it.<g>