Q: creating link

  1. #1
    JIM.H.
    Guest

    Q: creating link

    Hello,
    I know I can create link from one excel file to another to gather data on
    one sheet. Is it possible to create link in Excel to a table in Word?
    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by JIM.H.
    Hello,
    I know I can create link from one excel file to another to gather data on
    one sheet. Is it possible to create link in Excel to a table in Word?
    Thanks,
    Hi Jim

    Copy the Word Table, go to your excel file, click on the top left cell where you want the word table linked to, right click, select paste special, click in paste link and click ok, your table in excel will update when you make any changes to the word table

    Or you can do the same in reverse from Excel to Word
    Paul

  3. #3
    JIM.H.
    Guest

    Re: Q: creating link

    Hello Paul,
    Thank you very much for the reply. Link seems working for keeping data the
    same. I need to perform a few operations on the cells on this table in Excel
    such as “sum” and “if”, can I do that? (I can move whole table into excel but
    Word table is used by others I just want to create link)
    Thanks,