Remove Formulas, Keep Values

  1. #1
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Bristol, UK
    MS-Off Ver

    Remove Formulas, Keep Values

    Hi all,

    I'm putting together a spreadsheet that is using the INDIRECT function to link to a number of other spreadsheets. The problem with this is that the link only works when the other spreadsheets are open.

    What I'd like to do is, once I've put together my report, to have a macro that removes formulas, but keeps the values - hence, others can read it without having to have the 15+ supporting spreadsheets open.

    Any ideas?

    TIA,

    SamuelT

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Remove Formulas, Keep Values

    Just select the cells, Copy, Edit>PasteSpecial and select Values.

    RP

    "SamuelT" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips

  4. #4
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Remove Formulas, Keep Values

    On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 06:10:51 -0600, SamuelT
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I'm putting together a spreadsheet that is using the INDIRECT function
    >to link to a number of other spreadsheets. The problem with this is
    >that the link only works when the other spreadsheets are open.
    >
    >What I'd like to do is, once I've put together my report, to have a
    >macro that removes formulas, but keeps the values - hence, others can
    >read it without having to have the 15+ supporting spreadsheets open.
    >
    >Any ideas?
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >SamuelT

    Something like:
    Sub foo()
    dim c as range

    for each c in range("where your formulas are")
    c.value = c.value
    next c

    end sub

    --ron