Can't get Find Box

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    SC

    Can't get Find Box

    Hello Programmers.

    How can we through Macro, prompt the Find box to come up when an excel spreadsheet is first opened. I tried to record this action by usinf CTRL+F, and find selecting Edit, then Find, but it doesn't show up in the code.

    Is there way to write this into a code?

    Thanks,
    EMoe

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Can't get Find Box

    Hi E,

    Try:

    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Can't get Find Box

    try
    Sub bringupfindbox()
    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Can't get Find Box

    go into the VBE and select your project in the Project Explorer Window. Go
    to the ThisWorkbook object and double click on it or select view code. In
    the resulting module, from the left dropdown at the top, select Workbook and
    from the right, select Open. This will put in a declaration for the
    workbook.Open event. Add you code in that declaration to have it execute
    when the workbook is opened and macros are not disabled:

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()
    With ThisWorkbook.worksheets(1)
    .Activate
    .Range("A1").Select
    End With

  5. #5
    Forum Contributor
    SC
    Thank you very much Norman, Don, and Tom.

    I will give it a shot.

    Regards,
    EMoe