Any way to highlight rows without using macros?

  1. #1

    Any way to highlight rows without using macros?

    I thought I used to be able to highlight rows containing certain text, but I can't figure it out now. Conditional formatting will only work on individual cells, right?

    I work a lot with filtered lists, and if there were some way to show not only the filtered row but also the one above and maybe the one below that would also achieve my objective, which is to have a forumula in thefiltered row that uses data from the previous row, and then to show them both together without any other rows.

    Sorry for the newbie-like question, but sometimes I just draw a blank on how to do something in Excel. I also have this need when working with any kind of find, as in word or unix, to show some contex with the search results, i.e. the row above and optionally below.

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: Any way to highlight rows without using macros?

    Google is such a WEALTH of information. I found this:
    http://www.uncc.edu/sysdev/HowTos/Ex...in%20Excel.htm
    by searching for "highlight entire row conditional formatting"
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com

    "Spalding" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Widemonk
    Guest

    RE: Any way to highlight rows without using macros?

    Try using conditional formating but referring to absolute cells rather than
    relative cells.... by using the $ character (eg $A$1 as opposed to A1)