Converting files for Excel

  1. #1
    Herb Lady
    Guest

    Converting files for Excel

    How do I convert *.wdb and *.mdb files and bring into excel? I have files
    from other people that made lists in access. In Excel there is no listing for
    these files. Any help?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    Open the access file and highlight the table you want to export to excel. go to

    File/Export

    In the Save type as: box click on the drop down and pick microsoft excel

    In the save in: box click on the drop down and pick what excel file the table will be imported to and highlight.

    Click Save

    Hope this helps you.

    Larry

  3. #3
    Herb Lady
    Guest

    Re: Converting files for Excel

    "keithl816" wrote:

    > Open the access file and highlight the table you want to export to
    > excel. go to
    >
    > File/Export
    >
    > In the Save type as: box click on the drop down and pick microsoft
    > excel
    >
    > In the save in: box click on the drop down and pick what excel file the
    > table will be imported to and highlight.
    >
    > Click Save
    >
    > Hope this helps you.
    >
    > Larry
    >

    > --
    > keithl816
    > keithl816's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=21287
    > View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483727

    Thank you for the reply, Keith. I see how that would work but the problem
    is that I received these files from someone in OUtlook express as an
    attachment and I can't bring them into access. I just can't open them.
    -herblady

  4. #4
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    Have you tried saving the file to your desktop first? Then try and export the file where you want it.