Saving in Excel

  1. #1
    Serenity2u
    Guest

    Saving in Excel

    When I click File, Save in Excel, the default choice is set as "Save as
    Copy". I would like to change the default to "Overwrite Changes". How do I
    do this?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor keithl816's Avatar
    Georgia
    MS-Off Ver
    If you are wanting to save the changes in file you are working on, why not just click on the icon that resembles a floppy disc in the toolbar?

  3. #3
    AC Helpdesk
    Guest

    RE: Saving in Excel

    I have 2 users that are experiencing this. When they open the file off of a
    shared group network drive (they are one of 3 people that use the file) they
    are NOT prompted that the file is in use. We checked and none of the other
    users are using that file or even Excel. She goes to save her changes and she
    is prompted with ..

    "the file XXXXXX.xls may have been changed by another user since you last
    saved it. In that case what do you want?"

    options of "Save a copy" or "overwrite changes"

    why are they getting this if no one has the file open??