Excel 2000 question

  1. #1

    Excel 2000 question

    I don't know if it is possible but need to eliminate or hide this. The customer has imported several sheets from a previous workbook and it keeps wanting to ask questions with this popup. How can I program it to not show this popup and automaticly continue with the workbook? I can't seem to attach the image to this so you can see it but it says something like This workbook contains links to other data sources Update or don't Update. The links are not necessary. It was just an import of several sheets. They need not to be linked to the old workbook.

    This is the first time in this forum so I don't know how to attach an image.

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Maybe I figured out how to upload the image If not I hope my question is enough.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Excel 2000 question

    This utility makes it easy to find links and convert them to values:

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...e=FindLink.zip

    --
    Jim
    "Tailgun" <[email protected]> wrote in

    | I don't know if it is possible but need to eliminate or hide this. The
    | customer has imported several sheets from a previous workbook and it
    | keeps wanting to ask questions with this popup. How can I program it
    | to not show this popup and automaticly continue with the workbook? I
    | can't seem to attach the image to this so you can see it but it says
    | something like This workbook contains links to other data sources
    | Update or don't Update. The links are not necessary. It was just an
    | import of several sheets. They need not to be linked to the old
    | workbook.
    |
    | This is the first time in this forum so I don't know how to attach an
    | image.
    |
    | Thanks for any and all help.
    |
    | Maybe I figured out how to upload the image If not I hope my
    | question is enough.
    |

    | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
    ||Filename: Image1.gif |
    ||Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4029 |

  3. #3
    Thanks allot Jim it really did what I wanted it to do. I can't thank you enough.

  4. #4
    ExcelG.I.T
    Guest

    RE: Excel 2000 question

    In the the VBE project window highlight "ThisWorkBook" of the workbook that
    the data will be loaded into. In the code window change the Object from
    (General) to Workbook and Procedure from (Declarations) to Open. Enter the
    following code:

    Private Sub Workbook_Open( )

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    End Sub

    Next save the file. Close it. The next time you reopen the file Enable the
    Macro and pull in new worksheets. The dialogue box you mentioned should not
    appear. Please let me know if it works.

    Note: Make sure your Excel security is set to Medium.
    Tools-->Macro-->Security If the security is set to HIGH, then all macros
    turned off. You only have to set the security once.

    This link may help: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=259971