Advanced Filter for exact value

  1. #1
    hari
    Guest

    Advanced Filter for exact value

    Hi All,

    Please help on the issue below.

    I tried to do advanced filter for the below list, where "BF BGA" is the
    header row:
    BF BGA
    BF304 C20
    BF328 B15
    BF348 B10
    BF343 B11
    BF294 C22
    BF199 AD26
    BF374 B4
    BF1 E5
    BF3 C2
    BF4 E4
    BF5 B1

    Using the criteria:
    BGA
    C2
    B1

    The goal is to filter for the values C2 and B1 only. But it filters all
    values containing C2 and B1 as below:
    BF BGA
    BF304 C20
    BF328 B15
    BF348 B10
    BF343 B11
    BF294 C22
    BF3 C2
    BF5 B1

    How can I filter on entire contents.

    Thanks,
    Hari

  2. #2

    Re: Advanced Filter for exact value

    See the second response to your other post (in .excel).

  3. #3
    Valued Forum Contributor
    Verwood, Dorset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000
    Quote Originally Posted by hari
[...]

    Hi Hari

    Try Data> Filter > Autofilter > Custom > Ends with C2 > Or > B1
    Paul