VLOOKUP function

  1. #1

    VLOOKUP function

    I need help in understanding why I am getting a #N/A error when there is a match. The lookup table is a table of "Subtotaled" data. I am able to match the majority of the subtotals but there are a few where the #N/A error happens even with a match.

    I have checked the format, spaces etc and am at a lose.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Joel

  2. #2
    Jezebel
    Guest

    Re: VLOOKUP function

    #N/A means that, appearances to the contrary, there is not, in fact, a
    match. Check for trailing spaces.

    "joel51" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: VLOOKUP function

    If you're matching on what looks like numbers, then this could be your problem.

    '123 (text)
    won't match
    123 (numbers)

    Changing the format isn't enough. You'd have to change the value, too.

    Debra Dalgleish shows a couple of trouble shooting tips:
    http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html#Trouble