Help Please

  1. #1

    Help Please

    What is the formula that takes hours that have been added up and multiples them by an hourly wage. I know it can be done. I just don't know how.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Help Please

    =A8*24*Wage_Rate

    where A8 holds the hours, it is important to format result as genreal or
    numbers or currency or else you'll get a large time format

    Peo Sjoblom

    "darling" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DARREN FONG via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    Re: Help Please

    If the number of hours is in cell A1 and the hourly wage is in Cell A2 the in
    cell A3 enter "=A1*A2"

  4. #4
    Forum Expert swatsp0p's Avatar
    Kentucky, USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010
    Posts
    1,545
    If you need to calculate the hours from IN and OUT times:

    Let's assume you have four times (IN/Out-lunch/IN/Out) in columns C, D, E and F, and your rate is $12.50/hour your formula would look like this:

    =(((D2-C2)+(F2-E2))*24)*12.5

    for a simple IN/OUT it would be:

    =((D2-C2)*24)*12.5

    of course, format this cell as Peo suggested.

    Does this work for you?

    Bruce
    Bruce
    The older I get, the better I used to be.
    USA

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help Please

    =sum (A2:A20)*24*hourly_rate

    where a2:A20 holds the hours worked as time amounts

    RP

  6. #6
    Olivia Trimble
    Guest

    RE: Help Please

    Hi,

    As an example if the wage is £8 ph and the hours are 20
    If you put the hours in say A1 then in the cell you want the total Type
    =A1*8 then enter and it will do it for you.
    If you have a list of hours then you can the got to the bottom right corner
    of the cell you have the total in until you see a black cros then drag the
    mouse down whilst holding the buttont to wherever you want and the formual
    will move and automatically up date for you!

  7. #7
    I managed to get the cells to add up hours and minutes but I need it to then multipy the time by $30. Is that to much to ask? Is it too many formats for one cell?
    I swear the time I have put into thinking this through is more than I would spent on doing the math for every worksheet but now I just want to figure it out.

  8. #8
    It works. Thank you everyone for making me look so much smarter than I am.

  9. #9
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Help Please

    So what is wrong with the many suggestions offered?

    RP