HOW TO MAKE A EXCEL & WORD FILE IN RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT

  1. #1
    SHAHZAIB ISMAIL
    Guest

    HOW TO MAKE A EXCEL & WORD FILE IN RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT

    DEAR SIR,

    I HAVE A PROBLUM WITH MY EXCELL & WORD DOC. MY ALL DOCUMENT IS NOT IN
    A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT HOW TO MAKE THEM IN A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT.

    WHEN I OPEN MY EXCEL FILE THE ERROR GENERATOR THAT THE FILE IN NOT IN
    A RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT PLEASE HELP ME

    OUT ALL WORK IS REMAIN IN PANDING

  2. #2

    Unable To Open Word And Excel Documents

    Are you sure the documents are genuine.
    Are you sure you do not have a virus
    If you e-mail them to a friend, can they open them
    There are word and excel clones on the WEB, try one of those
    Create a document in word and e-mail it to yourself can u read it
    Do you have a word 95, that cannot open word 2000 upwards
    Try opening with the clipboard viewer.

  3. #3
    Bob Miller
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO MAKE A EXCEL & WORD FILE IN RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT

    Don't quite understand what you want. Excel and word are two different
    porgrams and have two different file formats. You can't open an Excel
    file in Word and vice versa. You can import or link one format in the
    other program.
    We need more information to help you.
    Also, writing in all caps is considered bad netiquette. That is
    generally used for shouting at someone and it is difficult to read.

    --
    Bob Miller

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO MAKE A EXCEL & WORD FILE IN RECOGNIZABLE FORMAT

    Unfortunately you can open an Excel workbook directly in Word.

    The problem with this is that users forget and allow saving to take place,
    which now makes it a Word format and Excel can not read it.

    Possibly this scenario is what corrupted the Excel files.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP