Searching in a user form / List box

  1. #1

    Searching in a user form / List box

    Hello,

    I have created a user form with msforms and a long long list of names (authors, to be exact) in a list box to choose from. Now, if I'm looking for, say, "Smith", I type "S" which takes me to the first author whose name starts with "S", say Samson. What I would like now is that if I type in "M" now that it takes me to the names starting with "Sm" and so on. This kind of search would save a LOT of time. Instead, typing "M" takes me to the M-authors, of course.

    Is there a way to implement this? Also, this kind of search has a special name - I forgot it right now...can anybody help me out?

    It's been bugging me for weeks and I'd be very grateful if anybody could give me a hint.

    Thanks,
    Max

  2. #2

    Re: Searching in a user form / List box

    When you're in the VBE, select your listbox on your userform.
    Hit F4 to see the properties window
    Look for MatchEntry

    There's a fmMatcheEntryComplete that sounds like what you want.

  3. #3

    Thanks, worked like a charm! Saves me a lot of time, so thanks.