Tab Names-Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect

  1. #1
    Darren
    Guest

    Tab Names-Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect

    Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect what the cells say, i.e. in
    worksheet 2, cells B11 through U11?

  2. #2
    Crowbar via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    re: Tab Names-Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect

    Don't understand what you mean

  3. #3
    Have you tried right clicking the sheet tabs and clicking on rename?

  4. #4
    Darren
    Guest

    re: Tab Names-Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect

    I have a wookbook with 21 sheets. In sheet 2, cells B11 through U11 are the
    cells that will change. I need to see if it is possible to change the
    proceeding sheets to reflect these cells I mentioned. For example, if I have
    PA1, PA2, PA3... in cells B11, B12, B13..., I need to change each tab name to
    reflect PA1, PA2, PA3... Make sense?

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    re: Tab Names-Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect

    Darren

    You have 21 sheets, but only 20 values in B11:U11.

    Which 20 sheets out of the 21 are to be re-named?

    All but Sheet2? Or..........??

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  6. #6
    chijanzen
    Guest

    re: Tab Names-Is there a way to change the tab names to reflect

    Darren:

    try,

    Dim sht As Worksheet
    i = 2
    For Each sht In Sheets
    With Sheet2 'codename
    If .Cells(11, i) <> "" And .Cells(11, i) <> sht.Name Then
    sht.Name = .Cells(11, i)
    End If
    i = i + 1
    End With