runtime:Automation Error

  1. #1
    AccessHelp
    Guest

    runtime:Automation Error

    Good morning,

    I use the code (a small portion of what I use) below to send my Excel sheet
    via email using Microsoft Outlook. Whoever uses that code has no problem
    using it, except one user.

    Everytime he uses it, he receives an automation error (Runtime error:
    2147024770(8007007e). I checked the References on his Excel, and he does use
    all the references that I use.

    Thanks. Here is the code:

    Dim OutApp As Outlook.Application
    Dim OutMail As Outlook.MailItem
    Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
    Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(olMailItem)

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    does he use outlook on his pc?
    e.g. is he trying it from a bloomberg terminal.

    It's his pc that's the problem - not the code.

  3. #3
    AccessHelp
    Guest

    re: runtime:Automation Error

    Hi MattShoreson,

    Thanks for you response. Yes, he uses Microsoft Outlook. I don't know what
    is "bloomberg terminal". However, he laptop is a workstation like everyone
    else in the firm.

    I agree with you that the problem is on his laptop, not the code, but I
    can't figure out what causes to happen. I did the search on the error
    message on the web and Microsoft web site, and I didn't find the solutions of
    that problem.

    Thanks. What do you think?

  4. #4