find

  1. #1

    find

    does anyone know of a way to find the last row in an excel worksheet that does data and set the cursor to the next empty cell

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: find

    Try something like the following:

    Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp)(2, 1).Select

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    "joi2" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    well I'M not sure whats goin to be in the cell so I dont think "A" is going to work

  4. #4
    Eric White
    Guest

    Re: find

    An alternative to using the "End" functions, especially if the data area is
    not nice and square.

    with ws 'ws = Worksheet object
    lastrow = .Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByRows).Row
    lastcol = .Cells.Find(What:="*", SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _
    SearchOrder:=xlByColumns).Column
    End With

    Set LastCell = ws.Cells(lastrow, lastcol)

    In my experimentation, this is not as efficient as using the "End" method,
    but it does find the very last cell of all "shapes" of data areas.