Comments

  1. #1
    gumdale_dogs
    Guest

    Comments

    Default cell 'comment'.
    When attempting to insert a comment the dialogue box initially contains my
    name. How do I stop this default entry?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    The comment is populated with the User Name from Tools, Options, General, User Name, but to remove the name you may need to enter a space in the Options window.

    Quote Originally Posted by gumdale_dogs

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Comments

    Also, check out:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micro...116c7e6b72e050

    HTH

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Héctor Miguel
    Guest

    Re: Comments

    hi, gumdale_dogs !

    > Default cell 'comment'.
    > When attempting to insert a comment the dialogue box initially contains my name.
    > How do I stop this default entry?

    you may use your 'own' custom AddComment macro ? i.e.
    Sub myAddComment()
    With ActiveCell
    If Not .Comment Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
    .AddComment ""
    .Comment.Visible = True
    ActiveSheet.Shapes(.Comment.Shape.Name).Select
    SendKeys " {BS}"
    Application.OnTime Now, "HideComment"
    End With
    End Sub