Formula for adding up totals of groups

  1. #1

    Formula for adding up totals of groups

    Hi

    Could somebody please help me with the following problem?

    I have a whole heap of raw data that looks like this

    Client Product Group Qty $
    aaa 1 1 66.39
    aaa 1 1 103.78
    aaa 1 1 78.8
    aaa 1 1 96.96
    aaa 2 1 54.17
    aaa 2 1 29.74
    aaa 2 1 28.66
    aaa 2 1 30.53
    aaa 2 1 41.49
    aaa 2 1 28.78
    aaa 3 1 57.1
    aaa 4 1 25.42
    aaa 4 2 14.86
    aaa 4 1 14.99
    aaa 4 2 5.99
    aaa 4 1 41.6
    bbb 1 -1 -130
    bbb 1 1 81.1
    bbb 1 1 124.48
    bbb 1 1 97.82
    bbb 2 1 70.99
    bbb 2 1 22.18
    bbb 2 1 22.66
    bbb 2 1 36.09
    bbb 2 1 27.62
    bbb 2 1 70.99
    bbb 2 1 70.99
    bbb 2 1 27.62
    bbb 2 1 21.5
    bbb 3 1 90
    bbb 3 1 72
    bbb 4 1 27.6
    bbb 4 1 35.88
    bbb 4 10 148.32
    ccc 1 1 87.9
    ccc 1 1 79.17
    ccc 1 1 100.08
    ccc 1 1 80
    ccc 1 1 451.05
    ccc 1 1 350
    ccc 2 7 55
    ccc 4 1 12.02
    ccc 4 1 8.15
    ccc 4 1 41.6
    ccc 4 1 11.15
    ccc 4 1 14.83
    ccc 5 0 0
    ccc 5 2 771.62
    ccc 48 1 166.6
    ccc 48 1 224

    I would like to create a formula that adds up the total quantity of client aaa’s sales and in another cell adds up aaa’s the total sales for each product group.

    Then I would like to another cell that adds up the total quantity for and total sales for aaa’s product groups 3 & 4. Then I would obviously do this for each client

    Please help

    Thanks
    Andrew

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    If you select the data to be totalled, and then select Data, Subtotals, and select the total options required does that suffice?

    Quote Originally Posted by koba

  3. #3
    JMay
    Guest

    Re: Formula for adding up totals of groups

    Get familiar with Pivot Tables. Once you do, you'll use nothing else for
    this sort of thing...
    http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

    HTH

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Formula for adding up totals of groups

    Hi Andrew

    Take a bit of time to learn about Pivot Tables. It will be well rewarded.
    You can start by going to
    and to

    I think this will provide all you are looking for.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  5. #5

    Hi guys

    thanks for your help very useful!!!!!!1

    I used the pivot table but there is one problem, how do i add product groups together in the pivot table, because right now its showing them all individually????????????

    Cheers
    Andrew