dates appear as error hashes

  1. #1
    pembers
    Guest

    dates appear as error hashes

    When I type dates in cells on an Excel spreadsheet they become a series of
    hashes. But other dates of the same format in other workbooks are fine. Why
    does this error keep on occuring. I think may be the cells are not in the
    right format for me to add dates. Can i change this??

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Central UK
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 365
    The number hash usually means that the cell is not wide enough to display the information.

    Try resizing the columns - that should work.

    Good luck

    Tony

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: dates appear as error hashes

    Hi

    Try widening the columns. Does this resolve the problem?

    Regards

    Roger Govier