Problems with setting up a billing budjet

  1. #1

    Problems with setting up a billing budjet

    Wow, talk about a useful program. Where have I been all these years? Oh, yeah! Happy Turkey Day!

    This is a basic question for a basic form. I can't seem to navigate through excel (actually using Open Office but it's nearly the same) to find a proper solution for my problem. I've attached a working .xls file so you can see what I'm doing wrong.

    I've created a monthly billing statement to gather money from my roommates to pay our bills. The top portion is set up on a monthly basis for the different bill types. It calculates the amount owed from all the bills.

    Now I want it to divide that amount into 3 parts so it will show how much is owed individually. If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

    Thank You,

    Joe From St. Louis

    Image of excel (open office) form
    \1

    http://www.joekiske.com/foo/monthly_bills.ods

    When downloading you may need to change the ".ods" into an ".xls" extention. Only if it doesn't open in excel... Though it should.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Problems with setting up a billing budjet

    Hi Joe

    In cell B14
    =$B$10/3
    copy down through B11:B12
    Copy cells B10:B12 across through C10:M10

    Regards

    Roger Govier