Any way to filter cells with formulas ?

  1. #1

    Any way to filter cells with formulas ?

    Hi,
    I need to filter cells with formulas and not to select them , is that possible by a simple or advanced filter ?
    Thank you .

  2. #2

    Re: Any way to filter cells with formulas ?

    Maybe....

    But I think you'll have to expand on what you really want...

  3. #3
    In a range of cells which contains constant values and formulas , i need to add a filter or a macro to filter all cells that contain only formulas in a way to hide the rows in which there is a constant value cell ! is that possible ?

    Thank you much .

  4. #4

    Re: Any way to filter cells with formulas ?

    You could use a UserDefined Function that returns true/false depending on if
    there's a formula in that cell:

    Option Explicit
    Function HasFormula(rng as range) as boolean
    set rng = rng.cells(1) 'only one cell
    HasFormula=rng.hasformula
    end function

    Then you could add a column of helper cells that contain formulas:

    =hasformula(a1)
    (and drag down)
    and filter on that.

  5. #5