extract decimal place digit

  1. #1

    extract decimal place digit

    I have a large table of data which, based on the SUM formulae I have put in for some columns, apparently have been mis-keyed with 3 decimal places, instead of only 2. I need to find out which values have 3 decimal places so I can correct them. Suggestions? Will a formula, using various functions, work? Thanks.

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: extract decimal place digit

    Assuming your data is in column A, Put this in B1 and copy down............

    =IF(LEN(A1-INT(A1))>4,"yes","")

    Then Data > Filter > Autofilter on the "yes's"

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: extract decimal place digit

    Craig,

    For a number in cell A1:

    =IF(LEN(A1)-FIND(".",A1)>2,"Extra digit(s)","")

    Change the A1's to be your upper left cell address, then copy to a table the same size as your data
    table (same number of columns and rows).

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Smile Thanks

    Thanks for your excellent solutions. Worked perfectly; problem solved!