barcode- formals help please

  1. #1
    mantha09
    Guest

    barcode- formals help please

    when i scan our barcodes on our products it displays the product numbers in
    excel, how do i then set up a formal in excel to equal the product name when
    the product numbers are entered?

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    6,195
    Hi,

    with vlookup, as

    =VLOOKUP(A1,E:F,2,FALSE)

    where A1 was your scan, and E1 onwards was a list of product codes, and F1 onwards a list of matching names.

    These are usually on another sheet, so:

    =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet1!E:F,2,FALSE)

    works better.

    Quote Originally Posted by mantha09

  3. #3
    mantha09
    Guest

    Re: barcode- formals help please

    Hi

    thanks for your help but i still cant get it right!!

    this is a sample of what i have-
    barcode code Product Name
    55663320 000 Can of coke
    55663322 001 Can of sprite

    what i want execel to do is when i scan the barcode number in the sperdsheet
    the product name will rekonise the number and automactily enter the product
    name.

    is this possibly?