Gridlines in excel

  1. #1
    GRIDLINES IN EXCEL
    Guest

    Gridlines in excel

    Excel will not print gridlines even though gridlines is checked in all spots.
    When you print the worksheet it comes out with no gridlines at all even
    though it is checked in page setup and view mode.

  2. #2
    Eddie O
    Guest

    RE: Gridlines in excel

    Make sure your spreadsheet does not have have fill color. If it's white
    fill, for example, the gridlines won't come out in the print out.

  3. #3
    GRIDLINES IN EXCEL
    Guest

    RE: Gridlines in excel

    Yeah that didn't help. There was on fill color and it's still not working.
    Yikes.

  4. #4
    Therese
    Guest

    RE: Gridlines in excel

    Hi
    You can higlight the whole spreadsheet, then go down to pagelayout and then
    the fourth "page" or option.(Mine is not english-sorry!). There you have the
    option to print the gridlines.
    Hope it'll help
    --
    Therese

  5. #5
    GRIDLINES IN EXCEL
    Guest

    RE: Gridlines in excel

    Yes I know, and we have tried everything to print gridlines but they will
    not. Not in print preview not anywhere

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Gridlines in excel

    Did you look to see if you were set to "draft quality"?

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  7. #7
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Gridlines in excel

    There is two more places to look for interior cell color
    - Format, Conditional Formatting
    - Format, Style

    The specific places (rather than all the places) for gridlines are, and
    you did specifically mention view & setup in original question.
    - print controlled by Tools, Options, View
    - display controlled by File, Page Setup, Sheet, Gridlines (checked)
    - gridlines are overriden by interior color pattern, borders, draft quality

    Nothing here specifically about gridlines, but would check it anyway
    Changes to the fill color and the fill pattern are not displayed in Office programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320531

    Please provide feedback when you do turn up the problem and solution.

    Gridlines and Borders
    : http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/gridline.htm

    Please use your name when posting to newsgroups.
    ---
    HTH,

  8. #8
    WA
    Can't you just put borders on real quick.? It prints those no problem.

  9. #9
    GRIDLINES IN EXCEL
    Guest

    Re: Gridlines in excel

    Nope, it doesn't print any line any where no matter where you check it. No
    borders, no gridlines. Nothing.