how to refresh pivot data

  1. #1

    how to refresh pivot data

    Hey all, I am new to pivot tables...

    I have a spreadsheet with a number of worksheets and all of them are pivot tables presenting data in a different way etc. and one of the worksheets is the raw data the pivot is based on.

    I have added a number of new records and now I would like to refresh data within those pivot tables, just pressing the refresh option does not do it, I am thinking since I am not connected to any source but everything is being done "locally so to speak" I am updating the currect excel spreadsheet that has to be a more complex way than that.

    Anyway I can't quite work it out.

    Can somebody help me please

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: how to refresh pivot data

    Hi

    Pressing the Refresh button will refresh the data, provided that the range
    of source data includes the rows you have just added.

    Set up a Dynamic range for your data, rather than a fixed range. For more
    help on setting dynamic ranges take a look at
    http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

    Once you have your range named, go back to the PT wizard and insert your
    named range e.g. =mydata in place of the fixed range you have there.

    You will also find heaps more help on Pivot Tables at Debra's site.

    Regards

    Roger Govier