Transform different values?

  1. #1

    Transform different values?

    I've tried to look through the most of the MSDN to find some info about transforming in this case steps (the measuring with step motors) to millimeter. So far I've found:

    CentimetersToPoints

    InchesToPoints

    PointsToScreenpixels

    but none of were the one I was looking for sadly enough.

    Anyone maybe have an idea or a tip?

    best regards - Gobiten

  2. #2
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Transform different values?

    Excel knows nothing about step motors, so you need to supply the formula.
    The motor spec/documentation should tell you the conversion factor; you then
    need to put this into an Excel formula: e.g. say the # of steps is in cell
    A2 and you want to calculate mm in B2; if mm/step = 0.02 then the formula for
    B2 would be:
    = A2 * 0.02
    Or, to make this into a user function
    Const mmPerStep = 0.02
    Public Function StepsTomm(Steps as Integer) as Single
    StepsTomm = Steps * mmPerStep
    End Function
    Or, vice-versa
    Public Function mmToSteps(mm as Single) as Integer
    mmToSteps = Round((mm / mmPerStep),0)
    End Function
    --
    - K Dales