Copying / Collating Data ....

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor
    Somerset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2010 Pro

    Copying / Collating Data ....

    Hi I would be grateful if someone could help me with this problem please...

    I cuurently have a workbook with the sheets designed as a diary (each sheet being one date.

    On each row of a partiuclar sheet I enter different jobs under various headings in the columns

    One of the columns is for a persons payroll number and is unique to that person.

    What i am trying to do is to group / collate all the entries for one person onto another worksheet so at the end of the month it will show all the jobs that person has done for the month.

    I have tried (very unsuccesfully!!) to do this myself so would really appriciate some advice or help from the Experts out there.

    If the explanation of what i am trying to do is not clear, please feel free to contact me.

    Many thanks

    Paul

  2. #2
    quartz
    Guest

    RE: Copying / Collating Data ....

    Paul,

    Take a look at "array formulas" in which you can sum and count unsorted data
    across sheets, this may be an option for you. An array formula is entered
    into (in this case your summary sheet) using [Ctrl]+[Shift]+[Enter] keys and
    these are very powerful.

    In particular look at "SumIf" which can also be structured as "=Sum(If(..."
    if you need to nest multiple criteria.

    Also look at the "VLookUp" formula. I think you can accomplish what you need
    with very little if any VBA coding and just use formulas.

    HTH.

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    Somerset, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Office 2010 Pro

    Thanks

    Hi Thanks for your reply, my knowledge of Excel is very basic but I will research your suggestinos and keep my fingers crossed !!

    many thanks again

    Regards

    Paul